Spartan 13mm Syringe Filter, Regenerated Cellulose, 0.2µm, with MiniTip outlet, 500/pk (WH/MI/B/10463042)
SPARTAN syringe filters with regenerated cellulose (RC) membrane provide reproducible filtration of organic and aqueous solutions for high performance and ultra-high performance liquid chromatography (HCLP and UHPLC) sample preparation.
- Hydrophilic membrane made of regenerated cellulose fiber exhibits low protein binding membrane
- Disposable filter unit with polycarbonate housing
- Excellent chemical resistance to common aqueous and organic solvents, so recommended for HPLC method sample preparation
- Tested and certified for the absence of UV-absorbing substances at wavelengths of 210 and 254 nm with water, methanol, and acetonitrile
- Documented batch-to-batch quality and consistency, ensuring reproducible results
- Low dead volume
SPARTAN HPLC filter for organic and aqueous sample preparation
HPLC sample preparation often requires a filtration step before samples can be used for liquid column chromatography. This step helps to clarify peaks of chemical compounds being analyzed and protects the HPLC column from large particles that might damage it.
SPARTAN regenerated cellulose filters from Cytiva’s business cater to this need, because their regenerated cellulose hydrophilic membrane is resistant to common HPLC grade solvents and exhibits very low levels of extractables that could otherwise interfere with chromatographic analysis.
In addition to their use as HPLC syringe filters, SPARTAN filters can be used in capillary gel electrophoresis, protein sample ultrafiltration, UV/VIS analysis, and any application requiring a chemically resistant, low protein binding, hydrophilic membrane in a polycarbonate filter housing.