HisTrap HP prepacked columns provide a fast, convenient and reproducible format for preparative purification of histidine-tagged (His-tag) recombinant proteins.
- High resolution: due to small bead size (average bead size is 34 µm)
- High binding capacity: at least 40 mg His tag protein per mL resin, for high yields
- Negligible nickel leakage: helps retain activity and minimize protein precipitation
- Broad reagent compatibility: suitable for use with a wide range of reducing agents, detergents, denaturants, and other additives
- Convenient HiTrap format: 1 mL and 5 mL columns compatible with syringe, pump, or chromatography systems such as ÄKTA or other FPLC systems
Ni Sepharose High Performance columns
His tag protein purification by IMAC is both popular and highly efficient. HisTrap HP columns are packed with Ni Sepharose High Performance (HP) affinity resin. This resin consists of highly cross-linked agarose beads to which a chelating group has been coupled. The chelating group is precharged with nickel, which selectively retains proteins with exposed histidine groups.
HisTrap HP IMAC resin has a binding capacity that exceeds 40 mg/mL, resulting in high protein recovery. The small bead size (34 µm) contributes to a purer purification compared to nickel resins of larger bead size.
Successful use of HisTrap HP protein purification columns in published research
HisTrap HP columns are used in a variety of applications, including:
- purification of His tagged membrane proteins to study lipid binding
- purification of His tagged spider toxin and variants to evaluate sodium channel inhibition
Other Cytiva products for His tag protein purification
Cytiva provides a large variety of Life Sciences solutions for IMAC protein purification. For high binding capacity or when scalability is needed, consider HisTrap FF Crude columns.