HiScreen Capto S columns are prepacked with Capto S ion exchange chromatography medium, and are part of the process development platform available from Cytiva. The columns are an excellent choice for method optimization and parameter screening.
- Capto S is a strong cation exchange BioProcess resin, designed to meet the demands of modern large-scale manufacturers for fast, efficient, and cost-effective capture and intermediate protein purification.
- Prepacked, ready-to-use columns for convenient process development optimization.
- 10 cm bed height of HiScreen columns is designed to allow method optimization and parameter screening.
- Easily connected in series to achieve 20 cm bed height.
- Small bed volume gives fast results and minimal sample/buffer consumption.
- Reproducible results, scalable to BioProcess columns packed with the same resin using the same linear fluid velocity.
The small column volume of 4.7 mL and bed height of 10 cm make HiScreen columns excellent tools for method optimization, parameter screening, robustness testing, and convenient scale-up. Process fluid velocities can be applied, since the 10 cm bed height gives enough residence time and the results can then serve as basis for linear process scale-up.
If necessary, two columns can easily be connected in series to give a bed height of 20 cm.
resins prepacked in HiScreen Capto IEX columns are also available in other formats and as bulk packs, which makes it possible to use the same resins for development work, pilot studies, and routine production.