StrepTactin Sepharose High Performance 10ml (Store in Chiller at 2 to 8 DEG C)
StrepTactin™ Sepharose High Performance resin is designed for Strep-tag II™ recombinant protein purification.
- Yields high-purity tagged recombinant proteins eluted in concentrated, small volumes.
- Physiological conditions and mild elution preserve target protein activity.
- Fast and easy regeneration with 0.5 M NaOH.
- Compatible with a wide range of reducing agents, detergents, denaturants, and other additives.
- Stable in all commonly used buffers.
StrepTactin Sepharose agarose resin
Strep-tag II is small (8 aa), which often makes tag removal unnecessary after purification. StrepTactin Sepharose High Performance has been specially developed for high specificity towards Strep-tag II to ensure purity.
The resin’s small bead size (34 μm) allows elution in narrow peaks. Purification and elution conditions are designed to be mild and mimic physiological conditions, preserving the target protein’s activity.
This robust and stable Sepharose-based resin yields reproducible purifications and minimizes the need for further concentration steps. See our StrepTactin Sepharose application note for an example of a single-step purification that achieved greater than 95% purity.
Successful use in published research
StrepTactin Sepharose is used for tagged protein purification in a variety of applications, including:
- Study of the formation and structure of a NAIP5-NLRC4 inflammasome
- Analysis of how a staphylococcal protein evades toll-like receptor activation
Compatible empty columns
Cytiva solutions include a variety of empty columns for packing your own columns. StrepTactin Sepharose is compatible for use with Tricorn and XK columns.
Convenient prepacked columns
StrepTactin Sepharose High Performance is also available in a prepacked format:
- StrepTrap: HiTrap format for convient use with a syringe, a pump, or a chromatography system.