MICROSPIN G-25 COLUMNS
MicroSpin G-25 columns are designed for the rapid purification of DNA for use in a wide range of applications, including desalting, buffer exchange, and removal of unincorporated nucleotides from end-labeled oligonucleotides.
- Excellent for rapid buffer exchange/desalting: for example, of PCR amplification products and other DNAs in a volume of 10 to 100 µL using spin-column chromatography
- Excellent for rapid DNA purification: especially newly synthesized oligonucleotides > 10-mers in 100 to 150 µL of deprotection solution
- Convenient: Prepacked with Sephadex G-25 DNA Grade and pre-equilibrated in distilled wa-ter containing 0.05% Kathon CG/ICP Biocide
- Ready to use: requires less than 4 minutes from sample application to collection of purified oligonucleotides
- Tested in assays: including nickase, single- and double-stranded exonuclease, and RNase
- Use additionally: for desalting/buffer exchange of DNA and removal of unincorporated radi-onucleotides from end-labeled oligonucleotides (at least 10 bases in length) in a volume of 10 to 100 µL
MicroSpin G-25 columns for rapid DNA purification in desalting and buffer exchange applications
MicroSpin G-25 columns are appropriate for use with DNA greater than 10 bases in length and are therefore an excellent choice for the purification of oligonucleotides or very small DNA fragments following synthesis or labeling reactions. They will not remove or denature enzymes.
MicroSpin G-25 columns contain Sephadex G-25 DNA Grade F resin. They allow DNA purification via gel filtration. Gel filtration resins do not exhibit a fixed exclusion limit when used in a spin-column format. In spin-column chromatography, the observed exclusion properties that allow the product to pass through the gel while the smaller impurities are retained depends on experimental factors. These factors include the resin used, sample volume, product size, and the g-forces used.
The resin used in these columns, Sephadex G-25 has an exclusion limit of approximately Mr 5000. With a spin protocol this resin can be used for any DNA greater than 10 bases in length.
Sephadex G-25 is one of five different G-types ranging from G-10 for small molecules to G-100 for larger molecules. Sephadex G-50 is a well-established gel filtration resin for desalting and buffer exchange of biomolecules >30 000 molecular weight, and with a spin protocol can be used for DNA and oligo purification of molecules greater than 20 bases in length. Sephadex G-100 DNA Grade has an exclusion limit of 25bp ds DNA.
All these Sephadex types are therefore highly suitable for the purification of oligonucleotides or small DNA fragments following synthesis or labeling reactions.
Sephadex G-25, G-50 DNA Grade and Sephadex G-100 are all sold separately.