NI SEPHAROSE 6FF, 25 ML
Limited Stock (1)
Limited Stock (1)
Ni Sepharose 6 Fast Flow is a high binding-capacity IMAC chromatography resin for purifying his-tagged proteins. Good choice for purification at a variety of scales.
- In process scale applications: This resin is used to purify histidine-tagged (his-tagged) and untagged recombinant proteins even at large scales.
- In research scale applications: This resin binds 40 mg his-tag protein/mL resin and is suitable for use in batch mode, with gravity flow, or when scalability is needed.
- Meets industrial demands with security of supply, robust performance, and regulatory support.
- Available as bulk resin and as prepacked columns for use with manual methods or a chromatography system.
- Excellent flow properties provide great performance even at high flow rates.
High binding capacity resin with excellent flow properties
Ni Sepharose 6 Fast Flow (FF) is composed of cross-linked 6% agarose beads modified with a chelating ligand immobilized to the base matrix and precharged with nickel ions.
The high dynamic binding capacity combined with the ability to withstand high flow rates gives an overall advantage of being able to increase flow rate and reduce the total time for protein purification considerably with a minimal loss in recovery. Therefore, this immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) purification resin is a good choice for scaling up.
Successful use in research-scale applications
Life science professionals use Ni Sepharose 6 Fast Flow for his-tag protein purification:
- Customer feedback on use in batch purification
- IMAC chromatography of human β2-microglobulin in E. coli to 95% purity
- Scale-up purification of a viral capsid protein from a prepacked column
Compatibile empty columns – research scale
Cytiva offers a variety of empty columns for packing your own columns. Ni Sepharose 6 Fast Flow is compatible for use with empty PD gravity flow, HiScale, Tricorn, and XK columns.
Compatible empty columns – bioprocess scale
For process-scale applications, Cytiva recommends AxiChrom columns. Ni Sepharose 6 Fast Flow can also be packed in the other column platforms such as BPG and Chromaflow.
Prepacked formats – research scale
Ni Sepharose 6 Fast Flow resin is also available in the following prepacked formats:
- HisGraviTrap gravity flow column: for simple purification without the need for equipment
- His MultiTrap FF 96-well plate: for high throughput screening and small scale purification using centrifuge or vacuum equipment
- HisTrap FF crude: HiTrap column format for convenient use with a syringe, a peristaltic pump or a chromatography system.
- HiScreen Ni FF column for method and process development
- HisPrep FF column for convenient scale-up
Prepacked formats – bioprocess scale
Prepacked ReadytoProcess columns for bioprocess applications are available on request, eliminating the need for column packing and cleaning validation.
Other IMAC chromatography resins and columns
Life Sciences solutions from Cytiva include a variety of nickel-charged resins and other IMAC products. Options for high purity, high resolution, direct loading of cell culture supernatants, and loading of unclarified E. coli lysates are available.