SP SEPHAROSE FAST FLOW, 25 ML (GE/17072910)
SP Sepharose Fast Flow is a sulphopropyl (SP) strong cation exchange chromatography resin for fast protein purification.
- Well established strong cation exchanger.
- Based on Sepharose Fast Flow ion exchange resin.
- High chemical stability enables proven CIP and sanitization protocols.
- Hydrophilic base matrix ensures low levels of nonspecific binding and low levels of host cell-derived impurities in the elution pool.
- Fulfills industrial demands for security of supply, robust performance, and regulatory support.
SP Sepharose Fast Flow uses the Sepharose Fast Flow ion exchange resin, which is well established in industrial downstream processing. The highly crosslinked agarose resin enables high flow rates and high productivity.
Composed of crosslinked 6% agarose beads with sulphopropyl (SP) strong cation exchange groups, this resin has high chemical stability, allowing well proven cleaning-in-place (CIP) and sanitization protocols.
Scale-up with these SP media (resins) is straightforward. Scale-up is further aided by a range of prepacked process development tools, for example PreDictor 96-well plates, PreDictor RoboColumns™, and HiTrap columns.
For even faster flow rates and better binding capacity in scale-up, Capto S and other Capto resins are a good option.
Successful use – research scale
SP Sepharose Fast Flow media (resins) are used in a variety of research applications, including:
- Two-step ion exchange chromatography of human calprotectin from neutrophils for structural studies
- Purification of APT1 from rat liver cytosol
- Purification of a manganese peroxidase from Panaeolus sphinctrinus
Compatible empty columns – research scale
Cytiva’s solutions include a variety of empty columns for research scale. SP Sepharose Fast Flow is compatible with two of these lines, Tricorn and XK columns.
Compatible empty columns – bioprocess scale
For process-scale applications, Cytiva recommends AxiChrom columns. SP Sepharose Fast Flow can also be packed in the other column platforms such as BPG and Chromaflow.
Prepacked columns – research scale
This strong cation exchange resin is available in the following prepacked formats:
- HiTrap SP FF columns – convenient for easy use with a syringe, peristaltic pump, or chromatography system such as ÄKTA system
- HiScreen SP FF columns for scale up and process development.
- HiPrep SP FF columns for convenient scale-up.
Prepacked columns – bioprocess scale
Prepacked ReadyToProcess columns are available for bioprocess applications.