STREPTAVIDIN SEPHAROSE HP,5 ML (STORE IN CHILLER : 2 TO 8 DEG C)
Streptavidin Sepharose High Performance is an affinity resin for reliable and high-resolution purification of biotinylated proteins and other biomolecules.
- High resolution – due to 34 µm bead size.
- Versatile – any biotinylated ligand can be used as a ligand for affinity purification.
- Useful for exploiting interaction with streptavidin – the strong interactions of biotin-streptavidin or the weaker interactions of 2-iminobiotin and streptavidin.
Biotinylated protein and other biomolecule purification
Streptavidin has an extremely high affinity and specificity for biotin. Streptavidin is isolated from Streptomyces avidinii and immobilized on Sepharose High Performance. The resin possesses a rigid, highly cross-linked beaded agarose base matrix for high chemical stability.
The strong interaction between streptavidin and biotin can be used to purify antigens. Biotinylated antibody-antigen complexes bind to Streptavidin Sepharose High Performance, from which the antigen can be eluted. Another option is to exploit the interaction between 2-iminobiotin and streptavidin, which is weaker.
Compatible empty columns
Cytiva offers a variety of Life Sciences solutions for chromatography, including empty columns for packing your own columns. Streptavidin Sepharose High Performance is compatible for use with HiScale, Tricorn and XK columns.
Convenient prepacked columns
Streptavidin Sepharose High Performance is available in the following prepacked formats:
- HiTrap Streptavidin HP columns: easy for use with a syringe, pump, or chromatography system.
- Streptavidin HP SpinTrap: spin columns for use with a benchtop centrifuge
- Streptavidin HP MultiTrap: 96-well plates for high throughput screening.
- Streptavidin Mag Sepharose magnetic beads
Successful use in published research
Streptavidin Sepharose High Performance has been used in a variety of research applications, including: