Sephadex LH-20 resin is used for preparative purification of natural products such as steroids, terpenoids, lipids, and low molecular weight peptides.
- Broad stability in most aqueous mixtures and polar organic solvents.
- Powerful chromatographic selectivity from the matrix’s dual hydrophilic/lipophilic nature.
- High chemical and physical robustness.
- High reproducibility from batch to batch.
- Sephadex LH-20 is a resin specifically designed for molecular sizing of natural products in organic solvents.
Sephadex LH-20 resin for organic solvent use
This chromatography resin is made from cross-linked Sephadex G-25 dextran beads, hydroxypropylated to yield both hydrophilic and lipophilic characteristics.
This resin is useful for molecular species preparation at different scales. It can be used during purification, prior to high performance ion exchange or reversed phase chromatography (RPC), or as a final polishing step during diastereomer preparation.
Successful use in published research
Applications of Sephadex LH-20 resin include lipid fractionation and purifying complex organic substances, such as traditional Chinese medicine (TCM), for research use. Examples of successful research use include: