Low-pressure chromatography columns, in sizes 50 to 200 mm inner diameter (i.d.), offer automated column packing that enables fast start-up, reproducible results, and maximized uptime.
- Scalable from process development to full-scale production on the same platform.
- Intelligent Packing, a feature of the UNICORN control software, enables the automated column packing and delivers verified methods and simplified workflows. Optimized for modern chromatography resins, like Capto and MabSelect SuRe families.
- Rotating pivot stand for easy emptying, safer operation, and convenient access to bed supports and O-rings.
- Design enabling easy sanitization with materials recognized for use in GMP environments.
- Wetted and pressure-retaining parts are traceable and polymers are approved according to USP class VI, 21 CFR 177 and Animal free origin or in compliance with EMEA/410/ Supported with IQ/OQ documentation packages.
Packing of Axichrom 50 to 200 columns
Packing of AxiChrom 50 to 200 columns is controlled by UNICORN software, using an ÄKTA system. The column dimension dictates which ÄKTA system to use. The operator builds the packing method using the UNICORN Intelligent packing wizard. Once the column is connected to the ÄKTA system, UNICORN software controls the packing. This automated procedure minimizes hands-on time and helps ensure packed beds of high quality. AxiChrom 50 to 200 columns are unpacked manually. The pivoting tube allows convenient emptying by tipping the tube to remove the slurry. Cytiva has several instructional videos and guides to demonstrate packing methods.
The distribution system within the AxiChrom family is based on a theoretical model to ensure uniform flow through the bed, producing reproducible results irrespective of size.
The distribution system within the AxiChrom family is based on a theoretical model to ensure uniform flow through the bed, producing reproducible results over a range of scales.
What else do you need?
- Pivot stand needs to be ordered separately for AxiChrom 50. The column is delivered with a foot stand.
- Tubing kits are available for different setups depending on what type of stand and system are used.
- Mechanical locking is recommended for maintaining axial compression between runs and for longer periods of storage. The locking device allows the position of the adapter to be locked without the need for hydraulic pressure.
- Two different tool kits, small and large, can be ordered separately.
- The centering plug delivered with the column must be used when assembling the column.